When placing an order, we ask you to provide information including your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number and payment card information.
To continuously assess the value of our online shopping experience, we may track the way customers use our site using cookies and other automated means. Our websites and mobile applications are not designed to respond to "do not track" requests from browsers. We also may permit providers (such as web analytics providers, advertising companies and others) to collect personal and other information about your online activities over time on our websites and across other sites on the internet. To this end, the information you provide us will help us tailor our communications and product offerings so that you receive more of what you want and less of what you don't want when shopping with us.
We may notify you from time to time of special offers and information via e-mail that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive these e-mails, you may include yourself on our marketing "Do Not Send" list by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email you have received. Even so, you may continue to receive non-marketing messages from us (for example, messages regarding Website technical and security issues or delivery information), and you cannot opt-out of receiving such non-marketing messages. We also reserve the right, from time to time, to re-contact former users of our Websites.
We may use your information for purposes such as:
- To deliver services, such as educational programs, information, newsletters or software you request or purchase;
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from us, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials;
- To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- To ensure our Websites are relevant to your needs;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites;
- To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us or Order Inquiry;
- To conduct research and analysis;
- To protect against, identify and mitigate fraud and other unlawful activities, claims, liabilities and risks;
- To comply with or enforce legal requirements or our policies; and
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing, managing, customizing or enhancing our products, services, customer relationships, websites, online communities, blogs, forums, communications, marketing, advertising and sales, and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities).
The information we collect may be combined or shared among current or future affiliates and subsidiaries. We may share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf. Sometimes we may be required to share personal information in response to a regulation, court order or subpoena. We may also share information when we believe it's necessary to comply with the law. We also may share information to respond to a government request or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Best Buy PartStore, our customers, or others; to prevent harm or loss; or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity. We may also share personal information in the event of a sale of all our part of our assets (such as in connection with a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event).
Last Updated: 1/06/2014